Monday, February 5, 2007

Sock Machines and Baby Showers

Love Bite #5 - Love is light and airy . . . tingly and touchy . . . heavy and humid . . . in turns.

I thought you might like to see one of my sock machines, the Auto Knitter. Here is a picture of me as I screwed the little bitch . . . er, devil to her stand. This was the first machine I acquired and is my most temperamental. I've had it for four years and it can still make me cuss a blue streak. I had sent her off to live with "The Doctor" for a few months and she was declared "cured." You will notice I look happy here.

When I got her all set up she showed her displeasure at being driven the 20 minutes it took to get her to the meeting. I can just imagine how displeased she is after the three-hour drive home. Here are a couple of close-ups taken when I got her back home. I didn't try her yet.


Anyway, I was planning to do a little sock cranking yesterday. Not to be, but I did cast on and knit a few inches of the baby kimono and none too soon. Today, just minutes ago, I got the baby shower invitation for a favorite young relative of mine. Let the kimonos begin!

Way back in one of my earlier posts, when I took on a modified version of my knitting mentor's Rule of Three, I mentioned that sometimes all rules would go out the window, or words to that effect, and that I would explain when the time came. Well, now's the time! I will be working on baby things for the next month or until I think I have enough, whichever happens first. UFOs are back on the back burner.

Bona Fide Knitter

No comments: