Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It Ain't Over 'Til It's Finished

Love Bite #13 - Unlucky in love? Try sticking with 'like' longer.

Today's the day I finish getting that Valentine surprise ready for unveiling tomorrow. I love the last minute. I need that push.

During the Decluttering of the Century (DOTC) I have unearthed some UFOs never mentioned here and which will remain nameless a little while longer. Suffice it to say the 'F' in UFO is a double threat for me. My objects sometimes get finished except the finishing, if you know what I mean. What I mean is, I can get the knitting done to perfection, but the sewing together leaves a lot to be desired, if I ever attempt it at all. That's another reason to love knitting socks. When they're done, they're done. Well, except for weaving the toe together. I have become a Kitchenerer Extraordinaire through socks knit by hand and especially those knit by machine which can have from 54 to 100 stitches to join together.

I guess I could learn to finish sweaters just as well given the right instructions and practice. I guess I have to make more sweaters and less side-to-side no-sewing-together-necessary garments. I'm already planning to take only finishing classes this year at Stitches East.

Bona Fide Knitter

No comments: