Thursday, February 1, 2007

Love Bites

Early this morning I found myself in the waiting room of a national chain auto shop. Since my windshield stickers contained the numerals 1 and 07 and today is 2 and 07 I needed an inspection and new stickers FAST. You might wonder why I waited so long. I can answer that in a word: HUSBAND. It's a long story that goes back more than two weeks ago. Suffice it to say I got the ball started in plenty of time then made the mistake of throwing it to him. He fumbled and I ended up a day late and $80 short.

While sitting there with refrigerated drink machines humming in the background, TV playing softly overhead, my MP3 playing a Nora Roberts romance novel in my ear, working on some mindless knitting (Knit Picks Abundance Afghan) I was far from being in a loving mood as the novel's heroine was being wined and dined by candelight, showered with rose petals and then gifted with an expensive ruby and diamond antique bracelet, when all I was getting was the familiar shaft: he screws up/I pay. I thought how appropriate for February, love bites! Then I thought 'Love Bites.' It depends on how you say it. Maybe I could come up with a Love Bite, like a sound bite, like a bee sting, like a knitting note, or whatever, for each day leading up to Valentine's Day. It could be a hunka hunka burning biting love!!! It might even get me out of my foul mood.

Love Bite #1 - Be your own best friend.

Bona Fide Knitter

1 comment:

Ollie said...

1st time reading your blog & you crack me up. gonna make you a favorite from now on.
& doesn't your man seem very familiar to me....I think I live w/his twin! hang in there, hon!
ollie