Friday, February 2, 2007

Knitting Quandary

Love Bite #2 - Knitting is love.

It's right there in the stitches. Check them out! See the little hearts the knit stitches make? See the purl bumps (or bites)? Or maybe yours look like X's and O's, hugs and kisses. It's still love. Knitting is luuuuuv!

Now, on to my quandary. I don't know what to knit next. I was working on the Abundance Afghan yesterday just marking time, waiting to decide on which UFO to finish. Now that the baby sweater set is complete, my modified Rule of Three dictates that the next UFO should be a baby object or reasonable facsimile (which would mean a doll sweater). I don't have a baby or doll UFO . . . exactly. Does that mean I should start a new one? I've been wanting to make a bunch of those Mason Dixon Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimonos. What to do, what to do? I have more than enough 'my size' UFOs. I could finish one of those because I finished the Babies and Bears Cardigan for Adults, except that I have a need for mindless knitting right now. Lots of life's stuff needs to be contemplated and decided upon. The Side to Side Jacket or the Cocoon Jacket would just add stress to the already stressed.

Enter Sally's Favorite Summer Sweater . . . again . . . for the third? fourth? time. I was delighted to find I had already frogged and rewound the last pitiful attempt. You know, the time where I switched from English throwing to Continental picking in the middle of the back and made an English/Continental mess. You could see the difference as plain as day! Who knew?!!!

Since I rewound it I wonder does it really count as a UFO or is it now a USO (UnStarted Object). Because these are my modifications to my mentor's Rule of Three, I've decided to start the sweater. At least I am not starting the new cable sweater I swatched. The mere thought of that at this time makes me want to curse and swear.

The first hurdle with SFSS is the cable cast on of a zillion stitches. Oy vey! Well at least it's mindless which mimics my current state.

Bona Fide Knitter

No comments: