Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oops! I've Done It Again

I've seen something else I want to do. I was first tempted with the ball band "warshrags" in the Mason Dixon book. Now, through blog trolling, I've found a new subculture: knitted dishcloths! I joined the Monthly Dishcloths KAL! Yes, I did. I think the dishcloths or "warshrags" are great little portable projects and since I'm doing so many socks by machine right now and my other hand knit projects are too large for KIPing, I'll knit dishcloths. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I've placed an order for Peaches & Creme cotton yarn, the order I delayed based on my decluttering constraints. Now that Richard has his socks I was free to place a yarn order. Yarn out/yarn in. When it comes I should be able to work a few dishcloths into my modified Rule of Three. They'll take the place of hand knit socks.

What is my fascination with knitted little cloths? I don't know. I just know I like what I've seen, various little motifs. They are a good way to try out new stitch patterns without a big commitment and probably just enough of a challenge for me before I long for mindless knitting again. What am I going to do with them? We have to see how many I make first, but some ideas are: wash dishes with them, wash my face with them, wash my . . . maybe not. I could knit some together into a baby blanket. I could give them away as gifts and let somebody else worry about what to do with them.

So many interests/so little time.

Bona Fide Knitter

No comments: