Monday, January 22, 2007

Sweating the Baby Sweater

Wondering how the chenille baby sweater is coming along? Do inquiring minds want to know? It's coming! For a little sweater with no side seams, it has so many loose ends to weave in I am again reminded why I like knitting socks so much.



I have half the loose ends taken care of and still a bunch to go. After that comes "block pieces carefully" and adding the neck and front bands . . . and sewing on the crayon buttons. Did I mention there is a matching hat? Oh yes, there is a hat to make too! However, with my new found drive for completion of UFOs, the Kids Crayons Cardigan and Hat (its official name) should be finished in a week or so. And I'm enjoying the process now that the shoulder-seams-on-stitch-holders problem was solved. FYI, I did the required three needle bind off closing the seams first, then picked up the stitches for the sleeves. Easy-peasy.

While on the subject of baby sweaters, I have the Mason Dixon Knitting book and was champing at the bit to make a whole passel of those baby kimonos of cotton yarn. That brought me full circle to EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket which I've also wanted to make. But alas, the new me of the modified Three Projects Rule cannot start another baby thing until the Crayons ensemble is complete. I'm being so good it's scary!

Bona Fide Knitter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And when the Bona Fide knitter is good, she is very, very good! It is a pain to weave in all those ends but the bursts of color bordering the sweater look just great. The colors look very elegant for a baby outfit.