Friday, January 5, 2007

Making Progress


I finished the second half of the Babies and Bears Jacket for Grown-Ups. Yes, that is a picture of the right half, not the left half turned over to fool you. I have woven the two sides together down the back. Oh boy, was that a long bit of Kitchenering! "Knit off, purl on, purl off, knit on, knit off . . . " I will have the border complete and the sweater blocked and ready to wear by my self-imposed completion date of January 11, 2007 for sure.

I've taken a good look at the projects I have started and it's time to get a grip! All these projects started and nothing finished is part of the clutter in my life. It's time for a change. I have decided to finish the baby sweater next. I got it out and was surprised to see how close I had come to the end before I abandoned it for something else. It's a sweater for a baby for goodness sake! How long could it possibly take?!!! Well, the baby it was meant for is in first grade now. There's another family baby due this year. This time the sweater and hat will be ready and waiting.

I have only the right side to finish, make the border, sew on the little crayon buttons and make the hat. I can do that!

My modified version of my mentor's Three Project Rule might be just the tonic I need.

Bona Fide Knitter

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am like you, nothing motivates me more to finish a project than putting the finishing touches on another one.

I am curious about the yarn on the baby sweater. Is it a dark blue or purple? Can't wait to see it with buttons on.

Bona Fide Knitter said...

The yarn is a velvety soft navy blue chenille. The buttons are actually shaped like little colored pencils.