Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Bites Redux

Happy Valentine's Day

My window rabbit checks out some of my red stash.

I am no longer snowed in; however, the snow piles linger on and the temperature hovers around freezing or lower. I am content to stay inside until I absolutely have to venture out. Tomorrow is soon enough.

This being Valentine's Day and all, I thought I'd go back to previous years and see what I was up to. I went back to 2007 and found a very interesting February beginning. I won't rehash the details, but I'd like to bring back an oldie I think is a goodie. For the first 14 days I blogged what I called "Love Bites," a take on sound bites, one in every post for 14 days. Here they are again, all original and all under copyright:

Love Bites (originally posted February 1 - 14, 2007)

#1 Be your own best friend.

#2 Knitting is love.

#3 Find something that you really love to do and lose yourself in it.

#4 When love is losing, leave the game.

#5 Love is light and airy . . . tingly and touchy . . . heavy and humid . . . in turns.

#6 Left the love game earlier? Live life. Love later.

#7 Love isn't in the cards? Deal a new hand.

#8 Unconditional love? It depends on the conditions.

#9 Love is more than a one-day-a-year, heart-shaped box of chocolates.

#10 When the love bug bites, really think about the particular bug before you bite back. It might be a better idea to use calamine lotion and get rid of the itch.

#11 You can love a place. I love Cape Cod.

#12 Love can be like chocolate: semi-sweet, bittersweet, dark.

#13 Unlucky in love? Try "like" longer.

#14 Love is friendship.

Hmmm, now that I read them all at once, it seems there might have been a subliminal message running through there. Ya think?

Did you get the significance of yesterday's ending picture of snow falling at night? Look again. Tell me what you see.


Time to get my knit on,

Bona Fide Knitter


No comments: