Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day


I hate to miss a holiday post. I'm sorry to be so late in the day with this one. All year I thank, donate to and say prayers for all the men and women who have served and those currently serving the United States of America in the armed forces.

In their honor I was determined to start and finish the little knitting project that should have only taken about an hour. It took me about an hour of actual knitting and about an hour of frogging and knitting again over a period of a few days, grabbing knitting time when I could.  I'd start, get halfway through and forget what I was doing. I'd start again and begin talking and or get interrupted and could not remember what I was doing. I could not look at it and tell what to do next or what I had done wrong on the row below or how to fix it. Holey moley I'd lost my knitting know how! And believe me,"holey" was the operative word when I went wrong. The perfectionist in me made me ripit, ripit, ripit. I thought I'd turn into a frog!

On Veterans Day I started and made it to the end. Yaaaaay!!! I'm pleased with it and it goes with the coat I had in mind when I picked the yarn colorway. And I would make another if I wanted to invest in another hank of the yarn. It's a little pricey. Maybe when it goes on clearance . . .

Yarn: Link by Berroco, 1 hank (200 grams)

Colorway:  #3241 Earthen

Pattern:  Wink (included on the band of the hank)

Needles:  Size 35 (19.00 mm)

Heeeeere's Wink:


A good representation of the colors in daylight




With the coat



With the coat reversed
What happened to the flash? This is what can happen when phone pictures 
are taken after dark.



Anyway, it was fun to do once I got my knitting bona fides back. Now I need to gather some photography bona fides. Maybe I'll stop with the iPad and iPhone go back to using a CAMERA. I think I'll go off now and see what other colorways are still available and possibly at a reduced price. I could add it to my Christmas Eve Box. Does "Christmas Eve Box" pique your interest? More about that in another post.

I am happy to say I am still a

Bona Fide Knitter









No comments: