Friday, February 8, 2013

Back to Hexipuffs

Friday is my newly designated  "by myself date day" and the weather forecasters put such a damper on today with their gleeful "Nor'easter" predictions that I decided not to spend the day at the Barnes Foundation Museum exhibits, then having dinner and staying for this evening's event. I even gave up on the idea of going instead to the 10:30 a.m. showing of Argo. Cold rain this morning changing to icy snow this afternoon lasting into the night is not appealing to this driver. Sooooo, I cuddled up in front of the fake fire and arranged the newly acquired tote for my Beekeepers Quilt in-the making.


 
It's the greatest little on-the-go project bag for the small balls of sock yarn, polyfil, needles, hooks, pattern, tools, etc. There are six pockets for the yarn on the outside and the inside can hold all the other stuff. It closes with hook and loop strips.
 
 
 
I filled the pockets with small center pull balls of the Koigu colors from my stash I'm working with at the moment. My hexipuff in progress still on the needles and polyfil peek out from the middle section. Love it!

Speaking of Koigu, you will remember I mentioned the Grab Bag of Koigu skeinettes I ordered online that I was dissatisfied with. Well, I had written a negative review on the site and I got an email from their Customer Service. They were willing to do everything to make me a satisfied customer including let me keep all the yarn and refund all my money! I didn't want to take unfair advantage, so I sent back the skeinettes I had not opened and they refunded my entire payment including shipping. How great is that!

I didn't name the site because I have purchased there before and been very pleased with what I received. I didn't want to bad mouth them. I will not mention the name now because I don't want to start a run on the bank. But I will tell you this, they are the BEST!!!

Back to the tote bag . . .

The tote bags are sold on Etsy and eBay. The are called Bingo Bags and come in two sizes. I got the smaller size. The Etsy and eBay seller does a great work. I ordered mine from Etsy before I read the part where it says, "It will take two to three weeks before I ship."  Not good for my desire for instant gratification. The bag arrived in 21 calendar days, a real trial for me! But I'm very happy with the purchase. I picked the owl priint because the Beekeeper's Quilt pattern is from Tiny Owl Knits. I know, awwwwww.
 

                                              

Bona Fide Knitter




1 comment:

Melissa Plank said...

Love the bag! How ever did you wait so long for its arrival?!! I love a good organizational product, especially when it's as cute as it is functional.