Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


When last I wrote I was knitting (yes, knitting!) France Socks 2014. I finished the first sock and stopped at the toe because I could not find a darning needle to do the Kitchener. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!




Well . . .  actually . . .  I might have delayed the Kitchener for the kitchen. Yes, I've been cooking and baking instead of knitting. So much cooking and baking I considered (fleetingly) starting a blog about it. Anyway, today I will weave the first sock off the needles and start the second. That is first on my 2015 To Do List.

If you do not follow me on Facebook you haven't seen any part of my baking obsession. I'll leave you with this pictorial sample as I go off to enjoy this New Year's Day by knitting and eating cake.

The Cake
The Cake with a lemon glaze
Apple Pie: the beginning

Apple Pie: peeling apples

Apple Pie: the apples cored, sliced and seasoned

The Apple Pie Baked in a Skillet
The first Bundt Cake
perfect color
Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze


Cake Suzette
an orange flavored cake drenched in a sugar, orange and orange liqueur glaze

Time to knit,
Bona Fide Knitter

1 comment:

Dawn said...

So good to hear from you, Marilyn! You are making me wish I hadn't stopped eating wheat with all of your beautiful goodies. yum! That apple peeler is a marvel. I would want to peel apples just to watch it work. Good luck on finishing the socks. Picking them up again is the hardest part.

Dawn